Is the office dead? Not necessarily. According to Fortune Magazine, 37% of employees want to return to the office full-time after the pandemic; many more prefer a hybrid work arrangement. Many clients still want to meet potential vendors in their offices. It’s not a virtual world yet – the office still plays a crucial role.
things to know when looking for an Office Building
There are many things to consider when you’re ready to invest in a commercial property. These points will help you find the perfect place.
- How will your employees commute to the office?
- Do you need to be close to a major highway, or would it be better to be on a major transit line? Accessibility of your office space is key to keeping your employees happy and growing in the future.
Nature of your Business
What percentage of your workforce is currently remote, and which of those employees may return to an office space in the future? It’s important to think about the long term needs of your business and growth rate, not just its current state.
Are there any gentrification forces at work nearby?
- Are the roads being repaved?
- Is residential rent trending up?
- Are restaurants, bars, and high-end retailers coming into the area?
Path of progress
Is the city’s path of progress headed toward, or away from, the location? Pro Tip: Look for major retail openings and new highway development to determine the path of progress.
We have a curated list of listings for each type of commercial real estate, take a look now!
Office Space Checklist
The world is changing rapidly, but physical office spaces are never going away completely. Use our guide to evaluate your office space needs, and find out whether it’s time to get a bargain on a newer location.
Ready to connect?
We’re excited and passionate about what we do. Get in touch with us for help with buying, selling, or leasing a commercial property now.